From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] problems with new install
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:17:51
2 > O.k. /var is 755 /var/log is 755 and /var/log/syslog.d is 755 and I still get
3 > multilog: fatal: unable to lock directory /var/log/syslog.d: access denied
4 >
5 > they are owned by root.root and are not suid or sgid.
6
7 This is going to get mysterious.
8 How about /var/lib/supervise/{control,services}
9 I'm downloading the sys tarball right now. ibiblio's bandwith problem
10 seems fixed I get full 80K now.
13 > You guys included LVM tools in the distro? Holy crap! SWEET!
14
15 holy or crap? Daniel wrote an article about LVM for IBM so now we have
16 it.
17 It's a must for a bleeding edge distro. :)
18 I'm planning to test GFS too, since nfs<->reiserfs is a mess at the
19 moment.
20
21 achim~