From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News Item: GnuCash 2.7+ Breaking Change
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 21:36:16
1 On 2018-01-10 22:38, Peter Volkov wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 9:31 PM, Aaron W. Swenson <titanofold@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 >
5 > > Title: GnuCash 2.7+ Breaking Change
8 > Aaron, but why do we need this news item? 2.7 version is a development
9 > version that is not supposed to be used by end users. As far as I
10 > understand this backup is a temporary measure until stable release will be
11 > out. It's much better to have this version package masked. Then in package
12 > mask comment we could note the need for backup.
13
14 GnuCash 2.6 relies on net-libs/webkit-gtk:2 which will be removed from
15 the tree soon. If GnuCash doesn’t make the jump to 2.7, then it’ll be
16 removed from the tree as well. [1]
17
18 We’re going to try to introduce it a bit sooner.
19
20 [1]: https://bugs.gentoo.org/629114