From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for dev-util/cccc
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:02:28
1 On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 16:42 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > well the logical thing would be to go to bugzilla and search for "cccc" ...
3 > and guess what ? no more open bug reports
4
5 I already did that when I wrote it, actually there still is an open bug
6 for it. So I guess you didn't actually go trough these proposed steps
7 yourself. Anyway, it is completely besides the point, because you or
8 anyone else won't check a week or a month from now if there's bug filed
9 against cccc, that is what maintenance is about.
10
11 > > I mean, you aren't the maintainer. And there is still the outstanding
12 > > issue that it is unmaintained in Gentoo, are you going to fix that or
13 > > not ? Otherwise it should be masked and removed.
14 >
15 > this is the same argument as already made and rejected ...
16
17 Where was this rejected and by whom ? By you I guess ? That just doesn't
18 cut it, errors made in the past are no reason to make them again in the
19 future.
20
21 > feel free to mask
22 > and remove the hundreds of other packages that have no maintainer
23
24 So now we do have your blessing ? cccc is then up for removal as of this
25 moment.
26
27 - foser