From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: native multilib support in portage for eapi 7
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 11:11:02
1 On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 18:45:20 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 11:38:08 -0600
5 > William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I find the multilib eclasses and their separate multilib phase
8 > > functions to be confusing, so I was wondering if we could discuss
9 > > making multilib support native to portage in eapi 7 so that we can
10 > > use the normal phase functions again?
11 >
12 > That won't help you since the in-spec support would require special
13 > phase functions anyway.
16 Not really. PM can call something like 'multilib_foreach_abi
17 src_compile'. This would actually simplify stacking: e.g. cmake +
18 multilib wouldnt require an extra eclass.