From: "Thomas M. Beaudry" <k8la@×××××××××.com>
To: Fernand Albarracin <fernand8@×××××××.fr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] man page in the wrong place
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 03:02:44
1 > Looks like some packages install their man pages in /usr/share/man :
2 >
3 > $ ls /usr/share/man/*.[0-9]
4 > /usr/share/man/fetchmail.1 /usr/share/man/xmlwf.1
5 > /usr/share/man/fetchmailconf.1
6 >
7 > Shouldn't these be in /usr/share/man/man1 instead ? Unfortunately I've
8 > looked at fetchmail's Makefile.in and didn't find anything wrong with
9 > the way it installs its manual. Also I quickly looked at bugzilla and
10 > didn't find any related problems.
11 >
12 > Anyone with the same problem ? Get a list of faulty ebuilds :
13 >
14 > $ find /usr/share/man -maxdepth 1 -name '*.[0-9]' -exec qpkg -nc -f {} \; | uniq
15 > dev-libs/expat
16 > net-mail/fetchmail
17
18 I've got the same problem with the fetchmail man pages and a quick check
19 shows that I'm using the latest ebuild. I'll file a bug report about
20 it.
23 Thomas M. Beaudry
24 k8la / ys1ztm