From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 18:06:03
1 On Sun, 02 Sep 2012 14:03:07 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3 > global epatch_user has a downside which I think was not even really
4 > discussed here unless I missed something. It could introduce many
5 > bogus bug reports which are caused by user-applied patches, cause
6 > it's easier now and you don't need to do it in an overlay.
7 > The maintainer will need to catch this and asking which repo the
8 > bugreporter did use is not sufficient. He will need the build log and
9 > check if user patches got applied there.
10
11 No, it's not a downside. It's an advantage: user patches will get
12 applied correctly now, and in a way visible to the package mangler, and
13 thus can be shown consistently in bug reports.
16 Ciaran McCreesh