From: Ivan Yosifov <ivan@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FAQs for maintainer-wanted ebuilds
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:08:26
1 On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:44 +0300, Ivan Yosifov wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 22:41 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > I've put together a kind of FAQ for the most common maintainer-wanted
4 > > problems:
5 > >
6 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/docs/mw-faq/
7 > >
8 > > The idea is to replace most of my usual bullet points in the "please
9 > > fix" list with URLs with more complete explanations.
10 > >
11 > > Any additions or suggestions for changes would be appreciated. Please
12 > > do not GuideXMLify this unless you first make XML not suck. I like my
13 > > nice sane memorisable consistent URLs and quickly updateable content.
16 > licence.txt 11-Sep-2005 22:27 745
17 > license.txt 11-Sep-2005 22:27 745
18 >
19 > I guess one should go away.
20
21 I should have opened the file before sending the message, sorry.
22
23 * It's misspelt LICENSE. We all know that LICENCE is the real way of spelling
24 it, but Portage expects LICENSE.
25
26 At least according to my dictionary, LICENSE is the American spelling and LICENCE is the British.
27 In this sense both are correct ( "we all know that" ).
30 Cheers,
31 Ivan Yosifov.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list