From: Justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]flag-o-matic.eclass strip-flags change to support prefix
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 14:01:28
1 On 17.06.2012 15:23, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
2 > 2012/6/17 Justin <jlec@g.o>:
3 >> On 17.06.2012 14:13, Maxim Koltsov wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>> During prefix bootstrap i noticed that strip-flags removes -L and -I
6 >>> flags from *FLAGS while these flags are essential for prefix
7 >>> bootstrapping. Therefore i propose a fix for strip-flags function to
8 >>
9 >> Is this really necessary? I never experienced any problems which need
10 >> this when following the guides. I looks like a hack, because something
11 >> else is borked.
12 >
13 > I've just hit binutils on OpenBSD not finding libdl.so installed in
14 > $EPREFIX/usr/lib/ because of this.
15 > Don't tell me that OpenBSD prefix is unsupported, i'm working on
16 > getting it supported.
19 I am still not convinced. libdl.so is provided by glibc, at least on my
20 linux system. And glibc is one of the rare packages which needs to be
21 provided by the host system instead of being installed in the prefix.
22
23 Is there something different on BSD which makes libdl.so appear inside
24 the prefix?
25
26 justin