From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PAM related: pam_console ?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:38:17
1 On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 08:27 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Thursday 31 March 2005 08:17 am, Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò wrote:
3 > > I know this is there also for compatibility, but this makes sys-libs/pam
4 > > ebuild very bloated as for now, and still I don't know a reason to have it
5 > > there.
6 >
7 > if you read pam-0.78-r2 and do a search in bugzilla, you'll see that
8 > pam_console is no longer on by default
9 >
10 > some people actually do want it, so ripping it out isnt very nice ;)
11
12 Well, as its with OpenPAM, and on bsd, I do not see an issue. I am for
13 one not going to support OpenPAM on linux, and dont think we should ....
17 Martin Schlemmer
18 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
19 Cape Town, South Africa