From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 03:16:08
1 On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > Gentoo has never really guaranteed the stability of a mostly-stable
4 > system with a few ~arch accept-keyworded packages as that's simply not a
5 > properly testable setup.
8 True, but Gentoo has never really guaranteed much of anything at all.
9 In my experience stable with a few ~arch packages tends to work just
10 fine, and that is the configuration I typically use. Certainly I know
11 that any packages that I maintain work fine on a stable system. I
12 always figured that this should be the focus of testing, since stable
13 is the ultimate target for anything we deploy. If a package happens
14 to break on ~arch that isn't as big a deal, since that is what ~arch
15 users are signing up for. Such issues should be fixed, of course.
18 Rich