From: Joe Sapp <nixphoeni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gdesklets@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Major changes to gdesklets.eclass
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 04:36:33
Hi all,

I've been wanting to make some changes to this eclass for a while since I've
been putting on some bandages to make things work.  This is a rather major
overhaul.  Basically packaging upstream got a lot more regulated since obz and
I wrote the original eclass [1], so we can simplify many things.  This results
in trivial ebuilds, ease of maintaining, quicker installs, and (I think) a
better user interface.

Anyways, a diff would be useless so I've attached the proposed eclass [2].

My plan for updating the tree is as follows:
 1) Wait until at least 25 January 2010, discussing on the gentoo-dev ml
 2) As long as there are no pending items for review, I will test with all
current x11-plugins/desklet-* ebuilds, diffing the "old" and "new" directories
 3) Commit the new eclass
 4) Tweak the x11-plugins/desklet-* ebuilds to remove unneeded variables

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Joe

--