From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Allow variable refs in HOMEPAGE
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 18:22:03
1 On 08/03/2017 11:33 AM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > I would like to remove the ban on variable references in the HOMEPAGE
3 > variable in ebuilds.
6 What ban are you referring to? The Portage Manager Specification doesn't
7 say anything of the sort.
8
9 Seriously though, whatever sort of tricks your opponents think they're
10 doing with HOMEPAGE don't work. The HOMEPAGE can contain conditionals
11 (i.e. dependency syntax), so grepping and copy/pasting are unreliable,
12 and we should all continue doing whatever the heck we want.