From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [warning] the bug queue has 81 bugs
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 14:12:53
1 On 10:02 Tue 01 Feb , Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > I take a data point on the number of open bugs for a few queries twice per
3 > day, see
4 >
5 > http://www.akhuettel.de/gentoo-bugs/
6 >
7 > Bugwrangler bugs is one of the plots further down in the list. On this scale
8 > no obvious pattern is visible, but I'll make later on a plot for a shorter
9 > time period....
10
11 Those are neat!
12
13 Try averaging across your whole time period by day of the week. Although
14 that may not be complex enough, you might need to fit it to a baseline
15 first to account for the longer-term trends...
16
17 By the way, could you please change the dates to be YYYY-MM-DD (a la ISO
18 8601) so they make sense to everyone? I was blindingly confused at first
19 and thought they spanned a few days rather than a year.
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie
24
25 Donnie Berkholz