From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: stuart@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iproute is being removed ...
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:28:00
1 On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 14:50, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Thursday 22 April 2004 22:35, Scott W Taylor wrote:
3 > > So, it is probably not the thing to add to repoman,
4 >
5 > Must disagree here ;-)
6 >
7 > At the moment, repoman is the main ebuild lint tool. Why add a second tool to
8 > perform QA on ebuilds before they are submitted - especially when there's
9 > enough trouble getting people to use repoman?
10 >
11 > Best regards,
12 > Stu
13
14 Generally I agree -- I think ALL developers NEED to use repoman
15 regardless (and enforced server side, if it must be). However, I think
16 gentoolkit-dev could use an "emove" utility which does the moving and
17 linting of dependencies. Since every move requires source, target,
18 listing of source and target in the updates file (which can be autogen'd
19 if it doesn't exist, depending on today's date), and the dependencies,
20 the utility can automate all that.
21
22 Ciao,
23 --
24 Seemant Kulleen
25 http://dev.gentoo.org/~seemant
26
27 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
28 Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E