From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE as a normal user - how?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 05:06:57
1 On 9 Jul 2001 10:13:55 BST Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Dear All,
4 >
5 > First I would like to congratulate for the distro...I got it up and
6 > running
7 > this weekend. Very nice, indeed.
8 >
9 > I would appreciate your help as to how I can setup a GUI for a normal
10 > user. (I
11 > have X4.1 and KDE up and running for root)
12 >
13 > I created a normal user with useradd, but no files got added to the home
14 > directory...Therefore when I log in to X, no window manager comes up.
15 >
16 > What files do I have to copy to my home dir, and what changes do I have
18 > make in them in order to be able to start kde as a normal user?
19 >
20 > I appreciate your help in advance.
23 Have your read the new desktop instructions of the www.gentoo.org home
24 page?