From: Matt Meola <matt@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] final release?
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 03:47:26
1 On Tue, 2002-12-31 at 12:25, David Hunter wrote:
2 > I just thought I would take the time to make the positive reply.
3 > GENTOO is the best distro I have ever used. I'm a BSD guy, and M$ (hate
4 > to say it) but Gentoo is good enough that my primary workstation at home
5 > is now gentoo, with XP on my secondary box.
6
7 Well, I'd like to chime in here too; I come from FreeBSD, and while I
8 still have a place for it in my heart, Gentoo Linux is right beside it.
9
10 > It just works. I understand it, there is no crazy archane structures, it
11 > just works. I used to use SuSE but as often as not, if I could do it on
12 > XP I would. Now, I only use XP as a back up.
13
14 emerge just rocks; it is the BSD ports system as it should have been.
20 Matt Meola
21
22 AFØD
23 Bailey, Colorado