From: Collins Richey <erichey2@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sound and cdplayer not working
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 14:25:21
1 [ snips - sound ]
2
3 On Sun, 20 May 2001 21:12:43 +0200 Sebastian Werner
4 <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
5
6 > In my actuall version there was no dsp-dev - the connection which is
7 > normally
8 > the soundcard output. I have no idea how create the entry in dev - mknod
9 > or
10 > something... In Mandrake 8 the /dev/dsp is avaible. You can use devfs in
11 > Filesystem options and the device will created automatically on module
12 > load.
16 That has been done. I ran MAKEDEV audio to get all the sound-related /dev
17 entries,but still no joy.
20 > > Sound is esssolo1. I have sound=m and esssolo1=m selected for kernel
21 > > build. I get the same messages during boot of any of the distributions
22 > > (see below), but xfce doesn't produce sounds on gentoo.
26 Collins Richey
27 Denver area
28 gentoo system