From: Man Shankar <man.ee.gen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PR Project Activity Issues
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:03:06
1 On 23:51 Mon 26 Jan , Alec Warner wrote:
2 ---- [snipped] ----
3
4 > A long time ago I suggested some sort of pr-onduty role where
5 > basically for a set period you are the prime pr contact and if someone
6 > has news it is your job to review and post it or reject it. This was
7 > never implemented; but may be a good idea if we are limited by commit
8 > access. One of the main problems with posting to an alias is that you
9 > can always not reply and it will become someone else's problem(TM)
10 > until no one replies and the message is ignored.
11 +1
12 Recently, i had started a thread here on -dev regarding the newsletter.
13 I was asked to post to gmn-feedback. Sorry, haven't heard from them as
14 yet. I wonder a pr-onduty may have worked!
17 > I for one almost never read pr@ because it is mostly spam and it is
18 > difficult to locate useful requests from crap. It may be useful to
19 > tag important items with NEWS ITEM or UPDATE or something.
20 >
21 > If GuideXML makes it hard to post we can perhaps develop a technical solution.
22 >
23 > If there is not enough content I'm sure we can brainstorm ideas on
24 > what we could do (index2 covers this area pretty well IMHO).
25
26 I doubt lack of content to be the real issue. As the OP mentions, if such a
27 problem exists why not ask for help from the community in a more direct way.
28 Maybe, something like the monthly reminders we get for the council-meeting.
29 To back up the fact that lack of content should be a non-issue is the
30 following excerpt from the thread i mentioned:
31
32 Nathan Zachary <kalos@g.o> wrote:
33 I would be happy to help out with the newsletter, especially
34 with the "one article."
35
36 So, see, people are willing to help with the content. Their prowess needs
37 to be utilized and channeled, i guess.
38 > But mostly I want to address concrete problems.
39 >
40 > -Alec
45 Thanks & Regards,
46 Man Shankar <man.ee.gen(at)gmail.com>