From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: logrotate
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:35:57
1 On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:48:25 -0700 Donnie Berkholz
2 <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
3 | Tom Martin wrote:
4 | | Hi list,
5 | |
6 | | Bug 97447 wants a logrotate USE flag, which is used by about five
7 | | packages locally. Unless there are any objections, I'll globalify it
8 | | later today.
9 |
10 | I think this flag is a bad idea. Why should I have to recompile a
11 | package to get some files that go in /etc? Either install them
12 | unconditionally or don't install them at all.
13
14 Files in /etc are expensive in terms of sysadmin time. The only things
15 in /etc should be things that are both necessary and likely to be
16 modified by a sysadmin.
19 Ciaran McCreesh
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list