From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Proposed addition to the Social Contract
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:20:34
1 On Sunday 25 March 2007, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Which of the following do you think is most likely to happen?
3
4 and which of the following do you think is most likely to happen ?
5
6 * Ridiculous scenario #1
7 * Ridiculous scenario #2
8 * Spin of recent events to look like a conspiracy
9
10 obviously the last one is most likely since the other two are clearly
11 ridiculous ... perhaps we should have each dev out there contribute tuples of
12 scenarios and then we can write up rules that clearly lay down the law for
13 the most likely of each group
14
15 > Remember that several archs rely upon hardware donations from sponsors.
16 > What would happen if some of those sponsors said "we'll stop giving you
17 > the kit you need unless you agree not to support $chinese_cloned_cpu"?
18
19 i dont need to be reminded, i have plenty of hardware donations laying around
20 me which i utilize quite often
21
22 we write up rules for things that are actual problems, not hypothetical
23 scenarios that random people dream up
24
25 if you cant logically balance common sense, then you dont deserve to be a
26 developer ... obviously you would tell sponsor who is attempting to blackmail
27 you that they can blow it out their rectum
28 -mike