From: "Miguel S. Filipe" <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] real concurrent multithreading with posix threads (pthreads)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:16:55
1 Hi all,
2 After making a very simple program that uses pthreads and libnet..
3 I realised that even in my smp system my proggie didn't run with the
4 threads simultaneasly, one in each CPU..
5 The threads don't yield the processor, but they finish all aproximatly
6 at the same time wich means that they're being scheduled right?
7 Is this the default behaviour of the linux kernel?
8 threads of the same processor share the timeslice of the processor...?
9
10 TIA.
11
12 I send the lame code attached..
13
14 p.s.: what is the more adequate ML to address these kind of problems? LKM?
15
16 Miguel Sousa Filipe
17 irc handle: m3thos

hive.c text/plain