From: Alex Tarkovsky <alextarkovsky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Project Sunrise resumed
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 02:03:40
1 On 7/30/06, Stephen P. Becker <geoman@g.o> wrote:
2 > There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me
3 > think otherwise,
4
5 You won't listen, yet you expect to be listened to. Speaking as a user
6 and lover of Gentoo I believe you should resign as a developer.
7
8 On this list and on IRC, I've watched you disparage Sunrise, its
9 supporters, and by implication the general user community's desire to
10 contribute more directly to Gentoo. You've established yourself as
11 quite an extremist.
12
13 Gentoo is a team effort. There's no place in Gentoo for developers who
14 can't function within a team environment where members must be capable
15 of rational deliberation and, from time to time, compromise. You are
16 harming Gentoo far more gravely than your imagined Sunrise QA
17 problems, because the latter can be managed by the team to within
18 reasonable tolerances if it becomes an issue, but your willful
19 ignorance and uncompromising attitude cannot.
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list