From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: new global USE flag "srcdist"
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 14:02:09
1 On 3 January 2014 01:50, Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Maybe we could add RESTRICT=srcdist which would cause ebuilds to save
4 > their distfiles in a separate directory controlled by PORTDIR_NODIST or
5 > something. If the variable is unset then it's business as usual.
8 I was going to suggest similar.
9
10 Though I hadn't thought about it at a global RESTRICT level, but I had
11 envisioned that potentially, the redistribubility should be a property of a
12 source file, not of en ebuild.
13
14 For example, if there was something such as java, which would likely be
15 mirror-restricted, it the java binaries themselves would be mirror
16 restricted.
17
18 However, if there were any tools/patches provided by gentoo and also in
19 src_uri, marking them as no-mirror seems counter productive.
20
21 Just the RESTRICT based interface seems more obvious, where as spicing
22 SRC_URI values properly could be nuanced and complicated.
26 Kent