From: Bart Verwilst <verwilst@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] graphical installer
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:25:53
1 On Sunday 21 July 2002 20:08, Gaarde wrote:
2 || Somewhere in the thread that speaks of a graphical installer mentioned
3 || device-detection.
4 ||
5 || We can use this work elsewhere. Create 'sane defaults' for the kernel
6 || .config ... selecting which nic, framebuffer, DRI, apic, mtrr, etc ...
7 || ANYTHING that can be detected. As a part of the installer, have a
8 || 'wizard' that walks one through the kernel configure/compile itself maybe?
9
10 Nope, we're using redhat's anaconda as base, that has autodetection and such,
11 and it's in python (i think).
12
13 But that's more davoid's work now, since i'm planning the GUI now.
14 --
15 Bart Verwilst
16 Gentoo Linux Developer, Release Coordinator
17 Gent, Belgium