From: Rufiao Valhacouto <rufiao@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] logging in portage
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 11:04:24
1 On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 03:17, George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > Whats wrong with:
3 > emerge pkgname &>/some/place/repfile.rep
4 > ?
5 > It should be easy to call it inside the script you use to emerge packages on
6 > this server. If you desire to make reports on a per-package basis it should
7 > be easy to create the script that would run emerge --pretend packagename
8 > first and then call emerge for every reported package and capture reports
9 > separately...
10
11 I've written such a [sh] script, and it's not quite straightforward due
12 to the text manipulations it needs to do in the emerge text output
13 (maybe it could be better by writing it in python directly interfacing
14 with portage.py). Anyway, it seems for me it'd be nice to have the build
15 output of every single package in the system (in other words, be part of
16 the framework), not only for the ones processed by the logging script.
17
18 > WTF incorporating this into portage itself: I did not see this mentioned
19 > (though there were some related things suggested). If you think this is an
20 > important addition please file a feature request to bugs.gentoo.org.
21
22 I'll post it to bugs.gentoo.org. Please contact me if you think I could
23 help providing code for this.