From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] what's the correct format for bugs containing package name and version?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:35:14
1 On 6 March 2015 at 09:03, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > I've settled on using a colon i.e. "jer format." If the bug references a
4 > specific version (range), then I use =, >=, etc. appropriately. In the
5 > case of stabilization bugs, I'd throw in the "=".
8 I was under the impression adding "=" was just useless churn, because if a
9 version is specified, one can assume =. Its only when you have a range of
10 versions do you need anything else.
11
12 Which is why my vote is with a or b, I don't care which. Whitespace
13 delimiting after package token is sufficient usually.
14
15 But sometimes I feel the grammatical flow is "weird" if there's no
16 punctuation, or weird if there is.
17
18 "horse stablisation" vs "horse: stabilization" # the latter works better
19 than the former grammatically
20 "horse fails to jump gate" vs "horse: fails to jump gate" # the former is
21 sufficient.
25 Kent
26
27 *KENTNL* - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL