From: Anders Hasselqvist <hassel@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] moderating gentoo-security
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 16:23:05
1 George Shapovalov wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 06 August 2002 14:11, diska@××××××××××××.org wrote:
3 >
4 >>I recently subscribed to gentoo-security, expecting to receive only
5 >>security advisories. Unfortunately I found out that some people like to
6 >>use it for their private discussions as well.
7 >>My question is: why isn't gentoo-security moderated? I can understand that
8 >
9 > Because AFAIKT gentoo-security was created exactly to host security related
10 > discussion. Security and otherwise important announcements and announcements
11 > only are done via gento-announce.
14 What I wonder is why security announcements has to go out to all mailing
15 lists? I get like 5 or 6 copies of the same mail. The good thing is that
16 it is hard to miss important updates.
17
18 Regards,
19 --
20 Anders Hasselqvist