From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Removing app-vim/{vimspell,vimirc}
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:01:24
1 On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:32:23 +0200 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 20:20 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 | > Unless anyone can come up with a good reason not to, I'm seriously
5 | > considering masking then removing app-vim/{vimspell,vimirc}.
6 | >
7 | > vimspell is a nice idea, but it's hideously buggy. vim7 supports
8 | > native spellchecking which actually works, so development on the
9 | > various plugin spelling related tools has effectively stopped.
10 |
11 | What about leaving vimspell at least until a more 'safe' release of
12 | vim7 is out? Some of us do not yet use vim7, and I at least wont bug
13 | about issues with vimspell ....
14
15 Hrm. The thing is, vimspell will break text entry when editing unicode
16 files. There's a patch floating around, but it's wrong, and with vim7
17 doing a far better job of spellchecking I strongly doubt anyone's ever
18 going to fix vimspell properly...
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm