From: Djamil ESSAISSI <djamil@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 3D-3dfx-gaming
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 03:11:21
1 Thnx for replying! u 2 drobbins@g.o
2 I'll check it out as soon as i can ..
3
4 I'm not bitching but just saying so ppl see it later if they have the same question:
5 The FAQ/HOWTOS [at least the one i found ] are so freaking old ...
6 3dfx.com is down i meant does not exist anymore -- correct me if wrong.
7 i'm having a hard time to find Glide as it is i think only on CVS @ freshmeat or sourceforge ..
8
9 I insist on getting this thing working more for a "sensible" cause than just playing 'cause i got a win98 box to do that just "almost fine" ...
10
11 It's because i wanna get a linux platform to perform as it should be on the gaming side 'cause the resources are here : the Kernel the best. the drivers : almost there !
12
13 This will help get more and more ppl to use Linux --- FYI in Russia the new president ordered "in a military" meaning to use only linux and especially not M$ !
14
15 I really really wish i had the time to participate --- writing drivers -- tuning distributions ... but now dont really have the time .
16
17 As a purist [i mean freak] i admire gentoo way too much since i'm using it already in production!
18
19 thnx
20
21 asta