From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A new 'arches@gentoo.org' alias for bugzilla?
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:50:22
1 On Thursday 22 July 2004 17:04, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Look in the existing KEYWORDS of the package in question.
3
4 Not good enough for what I want. I want to get packages onto as many arches
5 as possible, not maintain the status quo.
6
7 > Or, look in arch.list.
8
9 That's a list of valid arch's, but not a valid list of aliases for bugzilla.
10 It's part of the solution, but I'm after more.
11
12 > Disclaimer: that script is an ugly hack and now needs about a 120
13 > character wide terminal. I might change the layout sometime...
14
15 Heh. The script is useful, but requires me to be able to log into a Gentoo
16 box to run it.
17
18 > Not many packages are keyworded on absolutely every arch. s390 and macos
19 > come to mind.
20
21 So? :) Why shouldn't I be asking for all the arch teams to look at my
22 packages? If ebuild maintainers don't ask, how are we going to get more
23 packages onto the other arches?
24
25 Best regards,
26 Stu
27 --
28 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
29 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
30 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
31
32 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
33 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C