From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o, cdevidal@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DebToo: Debian, Gentoo-style
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:23:38
1 On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 10:17:07PM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:58:39 -0700 (PDT)
3 > Chris de Vidal <cdevidal@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > > --- Marius Mauch <genone@××××××.de> wrote:
6 > > > Reading the website I don't see where the Gentoo part is if you
7 > > > still use everything from Debian (apt, package data, ...) and only
8 > > > build the packages from source. It's a nice idea, I just question
9 > > > the name/description as it might give false impressions to people.
10 > >
11 > > Gentoo-styled. Not Gentoo.
12 >
13 > (sorry, that mail was supposed to go to the list)
14 >
15 > Chris, I still think that it is misleading people as you can see on this
16 > list. If I understand it right you're not using anything from Gentoo but
17 > as soon as you mention Gentoo (or Gentoo-styled) people will assume
18 > that you're going to use portage for package management as it is the
19 > major difference between distributions.
22 So basically someone is using Gentoo mailing lists to advertise yet
23 another fork of Debian.
26 Jon Portnoy
27 avenj/irc.freenode.net
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list