From: Ali Polatel <hawking@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: So long Gentoo...
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:43:26
1 Mike Kelly <pioto@×××××.org> yazmış:
2 > For many reasons, I'm choosing to take my leave from Gentoo at this
3 > time. While this was in part brought on by the recent discussions about
4 > the mailing lists, it's related to many other things as well. Mainly, I
5 > don't have the motivation that I used to have to work on Gentoo. I feel
6 > like my efforts are being stymied by the lack of overall technical
7 > progress and direction in the project.
8 >
9 > I'm not abandoning open source altogether; I'll still be working on a
10 > few projects here and there. I'll still be around on IRC if I'm needed
11 > for anything.
12 >
13 > I regret not having fully completed my GLEP-27 implementation, but my
14 > code is still available for anyone who wants to do the few remaining
15 > bits (mainly, incorporate it with portage, and patch shadow to allow it
16 > to work on an alternate /etc/passwd,shadow,group etc).
17 >
18 > I have a few helpful scripts for Vim maintenance that I can give to
19 > whomever wants them (nelchael probably, don't if anyone else is going
20 > help him out).
21 >
22 > Also, my apologizes to anyone else that I had said I would help out. If
23 > you still need me, you can track me down on IRC and I can at least give
24 > you some pointers (but probably not much in the way of code).
25 >
26 > As for SoC this year, I'll still be available to mentor as much as I
27 > can, on IRC and by email.
28 >
29 > Best of luck with Gentoo.
32 Sorry to see you go... The vim herd could really use some more people
33 so I added myself to it today. I'll be happy if you can mail me the
34 scripts you used for maintenance.
37 ali polatel (hawking)