From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposing fundamental changes to DevRel
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:20:55
On 17 June 2010 17:45, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
> We communicate in English but that doesn't mean we all the same cultural > background. My native language doesn't do small talk and doesn't have a > word for please.
I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. Unless Finnish is not your native language. One of my Finnish friends (we've since lost touch) was one of the most chatty persons I've ever known. He may have been uncharacteristic for a Finn, but even so. Ole hyvä, don't blame it on your language.
> A short and to the point message is the easiest to understand.
I like short and to the point too. But we run the risk of being misunderstood nonetheless.
>> In my opinion the DevRel topic is too important to hide it on a mailing >> list with a fraction of subscribers.  I wrote here on purpose. > > If a thing is important enough then you should use gentoo-dev-announce > under the current rules.
That's not a list meant for discussion. I think Sebastian made the right call here. Cheers, Ben