From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:54:39
On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 09:43:41 +0100
Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:41:24 +0200 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote: > > A 'type' field would be useful as well, to support various kinds of > > package sets (much like portage handles currently). > > I'm highly doubtful that there's any real need for different kinds of > repository-provided sets. We especially don't want sets to be code...
Simple things like getting a list of packages which own a particular file (for rebuilds) or grepping a variable are useful to users. For example, the x11 overlay provides a set to rebuild the xorg server modules after an update.
> > We'd either want to add || ( ) here, or somehow explicitly specify > > that this is a one-of set. > > No, that's something that's determined by how the set's used, not by > what's in the set. There's no such thing as a "one-of" set; a set is > just a list of package dep specs.
Hm, true. I guess noone will want to merge 'a random package matching a tag' :P. -- Best regards, Michał Górny

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets? Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>