From: ben <ben@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel trouble on Dell 2650
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 01:43:13
1 pls forgive if this is the wrong forum for this question:
2
3 Am trying to install on a Dell 2650 (serverworks dual P4, not immeaditly
4 sure which chipset) with perc raid. for some reason, i cannot get the
5 gentoo-sources kernel to boot if it's compiled with smp. This was blamed
6 on the RAID in the foums, but i've since found that the ac tree and the
7 redhat tree (it's their code for the raid driver) boot just fine in smp
8 mode (although, ofc, neither of these have XFS support, and so both panic
9 as soon as they try to mount /). I've also tried ripping the aacraid code
10 out of the ac kernel and dropping it into the gentoo-sources one, but the
11 same thing occurs.
12
13 Can someone point me at the next thing to investigate here? am wondering
14 if it's the chipset, as the boot always dies approx 10 seconds into the
15 bootstrap, regardless of which particular part of the kernel is being
16 loaded at that point.
17
18 Thanks,
19