From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-qa@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-qa] Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage to die on sure-enough _FORTIFY_SOURCE overflows
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:36:21
1 Il giorno mar, 28/09/2010 alle 12.33 -0700, Alec Warner ha scritto:
2 > Its not clear to me what your purpose is. It is likely that many
3 > developers will be unable to do 1. Does that concern you? Should
4 > developers ask QA for help on packages?
5
6 Fixing the package is the solution, it's usually quick and easy to
7 identify; if you can bring up _any_ example of unfixable or
8 difficult-to-fix code, feel free.
9
10 I don't think that was not explained by me, I even wrote a whole blog
11 post about identifying, tracking down and fixing _FORTIFY_SOURCE
12 warnings.
15 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
16 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
17
18 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
19 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/