From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] any interest in removing /usr/qt and /usr/kde ?
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:55:30
1 On Sunday 19 September 2004 7:50 pm, Thomas Weidner wrote:
2 > I think all know /usr/qt and /usr/kde conflicts with the FHS, but it's
3 > there in order to make it possible to have several versions of kde/qt
4 > installed side by side. If there was a way to make qt and kde
5 > installations FHS compilant without removing the possibility to have
6 > several versions installed side by side,whould there be any interest to
7 > add it to portage or want gentoo developers to stick with the current
8 > solution? I know the current version works, but it conflicts with the
9 > FHS (and therefore with the LSB).
10
11 IIRC, having /mnt as anything but an empty directory conflicts with the FHS
12 also. Gentoo uses /mnt as FHS's /media
13