From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Emerge from a local harddisk
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:19:07
1 Dear Gentooers,
2
3 Is there a way to make portage install from a source code already
4 downloaded on my harddisk?
5
6 Eg. the upcoming KDE 2.2 upgrade, when an ebuild will be available:
7
8 I have a modem connection at home, so using
9
10 emerge kdebase... would take ages to download (and the compile:))
11
12 I could download the kde2.2 sources (after doing an emerge
13 --pretend) at work with a high speed
14 connection, take it home and direct portage to use a local harddisk
15 as a source for compiling.
16
17 Or can I just simply put the source code files to a specified dir,
18 wher portage will see it and use it automatically?
19
20 Thanks in advance. -- Viktor