From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 10:35:47
1 Alex Alexander wrote:
2 > *On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 23:21, Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >> So the question isn't SHOULD python-3 be stabilised, it's what will break if
4 >> it is surely?
5 >
6 > There seems to be a misunderstanding on what will happen if/when
7 > python 3 gets stabilized.
8 >
9 > The short answer is... *drum roll*... nothing :)
12 Every Gentoo system where world or system includes deps like
13 >=dev-lang/python-2.5 will get it installed because in this case Portage
14 will automatically update to the latest slot at least according to my
15 quick research. I don't like putting stuff to users systems that they
16 have no need for.
17
18 Regards,
19 Petteri