From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bootstrapping since gcc 3.4 is stable
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:23:27
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 > Using this flags on a freshly compiled stage3 (from a stage1, just running
4 > emerge system without setting useflags) I get no blockers at all, when
5 > setting the useflags at the point that system has been recompiled.
6
7 Are you suggesting that on fresh installs, after editing your use flags, you
8 should _NOT_ recompile, taking into account the new use flags?
9
10 That is not what the documentation tells you what to do:
11
12 "A full description on USE can be found in the second part of the Gentoo
13 Handbook, USE flags. A full description on the available USE flags can be
14 found on your system in /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc"
15
16 Click on that link to the USE flag section in the handbook:
17
18 "If you have altered your USE flags and you wish to update your entire
19 system to use the new USE flags, use emerge's --newuse option:
20
21 emerge --update --deep --newuse world"
22
23 > I'm sorry, but I can't replicate the problem with regard to merging php
24 > for these useflags on a fresh stage3.
25
26 Follow the instructions in the official handbook to replicate the problem,
27 what any new user to gentoo would need to go through.
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list