From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] use.force support
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:47:08
1 On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:40:48 +0200
2 Sven Wegener <swegener@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > We just had a short discussion over in #gentoo-portage and the idea of
5 > an use.force file for profiles came up.
6
7 One feature that would be more useful (in my honest on Tuesdays
8 opinion) for us arch folks is the ability to mask use flags on a
9 per-package basis. Often times use flags will work for 99% of the
10 packages they are used in, but the other 1% will not. Currently the
11 workaround is to just make the ebuild ignore that use flag on that arch,
12 but there's no real indication to the user that the workaround is
13 thwarting their use flag preferences (unless the arch monkey is nice
14 enough to put in some einfo love).
15
16 Cheers,
17 --