From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Handling multiple packages providing the same convenience symlink
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:15:35
1 On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:08:55 -0500 Olivier CrĂȘte <tester@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | There is a tool exactly like eselect that already exists... Its called
4 | alternatives and its comes with dpkg.. It might be a good idea to just
5 | use it... instead of re-inventing the wheel..
6
7 Does alternatives really do exactly what we want? And can we hook it
8 into the ebuild process? From what I remember of how it works, we'd have
9 to adapt it a fair bit for Gentoo anyway.
12 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, Sparc, Mips)
13 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
14 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm