From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Output of ANSI escape sequences in ebuilds
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2019 20:45:11
1 On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 10:31:06AM +0100, Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > On 12/14/19 8:16 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > > These prevent NOCOLOR in make.conf or emerge --color=n from working
4 > > correctly, and I guess they are also problematic from an accessibility
5 > > point of view.
6 > +1
9 > Good idea Ulrich !
10 > The SGR control sequences are annoying in script based grepping of issues of log streams.
11
12 I agree more with this concern than an accessibility. Along the same
13 lines, this is a concern when redirecting emerge output to a file then
16 William