From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stabilization of Python 3.1
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:21:28
1 Speaking as a user, I seem to recall having multiple versions of python
2 installed in the past, and never really knowing or caring which version was
3 being used so long as stuff worked. If you want to install python-3.14159 in
4 the stable tree, than go right ahead, so long as anything that doesn't work
5 with python-3 can still access python-2 and does so without me knowing, it
6 doesn't matter.
7
8 So the question isn't SHOULD python-3 be stabilised, it's what will break if
9 it is surely?