From: "D. Wokan" <wokan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 06:40:59
1 Lina Pezzella wrote:
2
27 >
28 > --
29 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
30
31 What you are suggesting is considered a slippery slope. If you remove
32 any packages based on the beliefs of a few, you'll eventually have to
33 remove a few more as others with different beliefs show up and announce
34 their offense. This will go on until our genetically modified crops
35 start using the Internet and announce that they're offended by the word
36 kernel on behalf of their corn brethren and there goes your entire OS.
37
38 The only way I could see around this would be to have the mirroring
39 system be given a list of potentially offensive names and have the sync
40 only grab them if the admins set the system to allow such packages. (Of
41 course, some parents will still bitchx because their brainfucked kids
42 edited the setting and we'll end up having to install credit card #
43 generators so we can put in a sequence of digits that supposedly prove
44 we're adults to authorize the downloads instead. The more ambitious
45 will just write one themselves, as the LUN formula isn't that hard a
46 concept to follow.)
49 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list