From: Nick Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>
To: Eric Andresen <ndiin1@×××.net>
Cc: MAL <mal@×××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-2.0.47-r2 'gcc-config' issues
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:53:17
1 >>> I'm willing to bet that the problem is caused by that particular
2 >>> ebuild's changing of the PATH. Just a thought. ;)
3
4 >> I don't see how.. I have a few (>3) 1.4 systems that went through the
5 >> upgrade fine, and looking at them, I can't see any difference in the
6 >> PATH settings, between them and my updated-1.2 system.
7
8 Close, but not quite. I believe we've nailed this problem down.
9 The only causes I see and have fixed are non-root sudo's or non
10 'su -' actions invoking emerge. The user's bashrc is imported into
11 the scripts running within portage and consequently overwriting the
12 settings within ebuild.sh.
13
14 System that actually become root via 'su -' or simply login as root
15 will not experience these problems, and that is the reason no one
16 noticed the 'problem' until now.
17
18 I've masked 2.0.47-r2 as of ~12 hours ago, and will keep it that way
19 until I get the handling for not-quite-root nailed down and verified.
20
21 On a related note... I'm _still_ interested in more testers.
22 Portage-2.0.47-r3 should be out within the next 24 hours.
23
24 --NJ
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list