From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [v4] Planning for automatic assignment computation of bugs
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:11:27
1 В Вск, 04/01/2009 в 18:57 +0100, Robert Buchholz пишет:
2 > On Sunday 04 January 2009, Mike Auty wrote:
3 > > Jeroen Roovers wrote:
4 > > > The order ("first maintainer as assignee" or "first maintainer/herd
5 > > > as assignee") is open to discussion and I think this is the proper
6 > > > forum to have that discussion.
7 >
8 > I actually implemented it this way before (only that I had all herds
9 > with higher priority than all maintainers, which is the reverse of your
10 > patch).
11 >
12 > Accepting the fact that different teams have different preferences, we
13 > need to find a solution for them to set theirs individually. This could
14 > either be the order of elements in metadata.xml (and would set the
15 > preference on a per-package basis) or some attribute in herds.xml
16 > (which would be a global setting per herd, and we'd need to find a
17 > default).
18
19 It looks like we really need some per-team configuration for default
20 assignment. Probably it's good idea to add 'weight' (or 'nice')
21 attribute for <herd> and <maintainer> elements both in herds.xml and
22 metadata.xml. Bug assignment field will be selected from the elements
23 with minimal weight (least nice ;)). IMO best is to assign on first
24 (any) maintainer in this list and on first (any) herd if there is no
25 maintainer elements there. If weight is defined in multiple places, per
26 category weight overrides weight from herd.xml and weight in
27 metadata.xml overrides everything. This allows easy way to define any
28 policy team wants but still allow maintainer to override team
29 preference. What do you think?
32 Peter.