From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:25:58
1 Rich Freeman posted on Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:20:21 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I understand that Fedora is wanting to do this.  What I don't
5 >> understand is why.  It seems it is udev that is wrecking this havoc.
6 >
7 > Well, the answer is a bit more nuanced.
8
9 Thank you very much for that answer. I understood the basic concepts,
10 but having it all spelled out so clearly in front of me certainly helped
11 integrate my understanding of the whole, as opposed to a bunch of
12 independent pieces. =:^)
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman