From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About suggesting to create a separate partition for portage tree in handbook
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:44:05
1 On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 02:29:34PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Why not just the separate "quick install" guide like we have that lists
3 > steps and the handbook if yu want more details?
4
5 We came from that. It means we need to start managing "just the commands"
6 for each architecture. After a while, people start asking more information
7 for "just the necessary bits", making the guides longer and longer, after
8 which they'll eventually need to be made multi-page.
9
10 Wkr,
11 Sven Vermeulen