From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: www-client/chromium-bin
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:07:08
1 Paweł Hajdan, Jr. posted on Sat, 05 Mar 2011 10:23:34 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > On 3/5/11 12:58 AM, Alex Alexander wrote:
4 >> I can also give you a binpkg from one of my chroots :P
5 >
6 > It sounds like a possible option. We could then advertise those binpkgs
7 > on the project page, or make them semi-official. If you or someone else
8 > is interested in doing that, I second that effort.
9
10 What about handling chromium-bin the same way amd64 handles grub-static?
11 They create a standard binpkg of the normal grub ebuild (using
12 standardized USE flags, of course), using that as the source tarball for
13 the grub-static ebuild, which then simply ebuild-scripts the unpack and
14 install of the binpkg tarball.
15
16 In theory, the ebuild could even grab and merge the appropriate binpkg
17 based on arch, allowing the ebuild to be keyworded for more archs than the
18 usual binary-only ebuild tends to be, altho I'm not sure that'd work in
19 practice as I'm unsure of the effects on the metadata cache and whether
20 that would be allowed or not.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman